Spring in Connecticut Photo Contest:
Head outside and snap photos of everything spring, such as the beautiful flora, singing birds and anything else that catches your eye. Pin your best photos on Pinterest with the hashtags #SpringinCT and #CenterofCT and a caption that includes "Center of CT photo contest" for the chance to have your photo featured online and in print.
We will review all submissions after the Sunday, May 31 submission deadline and choose our favorites to feature on CenterofCT.com and our social media sites. The first place winner will have their photo and name highlighted in our 2015 Greater Hartford/River Valley visitor guide and on our website.
1. Eligibility: The Spring in Connecticut photo contest is open to U.S. residents ages 18 and older. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal laws and regulations. Participation constitutes the Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Central Regional Tourism District's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Eligibility for a prize award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Competition Submission Period and Other Submission Requirements: Contestants must submit their photo by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 31, 2015. Contestants must be individuals. Contestants may submit as many photos as they'd like. All photos must be submitted via Pinterest.
3. Intellectual Property Rights: All photos submitted to the Spring in Connecticut photo contest remain the intellectual property of the individuals who developed them. The Central Regional Tourism District, however, has a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute and exhibit the submissions and winning videos in any and all formats for contest promotional and publicity purposes, as well as in its 2015 Visitors Guide and future marketing and advertising materials.
4. Judging: Submissions will be judged by employees of the Central Regional Tourism District. The panel will judge submissions based on adherence to contest rules, quality of the photo, how well the photo captures the essence of central Connecticut and creativity. Judges will select one winner.
5. Winner Recognition: The winners will be announced the week of June 12, 2015 on www.CenterofCT.com and the district's social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The winning photo will be featured on the website and on the district's social media pages as well.
6. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to use of the winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown information by the Central Regional Tourism District and its marketing partner, The Pita Group, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. Copyright: Contestant warrants that he or she is the sole author and owner of the contest Submission, and that the contest Submission completely originates with the Contestant and that it does not infringe upon any copyright or any other rights of any third party of which Contestant(s) is aware.
9. Liability: The Contestant shall be liable for, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Central Regional Tourism District against, all actions or claims for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from alleged violation of an individual’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in photos submitted for this Contest.
Explore Connecticut's most popular destinations and local secrets in our new Non-Stop Connecticut video series.
Making a getaway is easy with packages offering dining, accommodations, R&R and more - all for one price.
Download a copy of our updated brochures and two Visitors Guides to start planning your Connecticut adventure.